Managerial Communication

Dear students get fully solved assignments
Send your semester & Specialization name to our mail id :

“ help.mbaassignments@gmail.com ”
or
Call us at : 08263069601


                                                             ASSIGNMENT


Managerial  Communication


Guidelines

Practical examples and explanation with graphical representation will carry more weight age.There is no length as such described to answer the questions. The external sources can be used and you can also insert images to make the assignments presentable.Original thought and execution will be duly rewarded and plagiarism in any form will be viewed very seriously.Formatting should be proper with font – Cambria, heading size - 14 andbody size – 12, Line spacing 1.5 lines and font colour black.

Question.1. (Case Study)

The Power of Nonverbal Communication

Soon after I graduated from engineering college, I accepted a position with the Sundaram Foundry, a medium-sized firm located in a small town in Tamil Nadu. It was a good position, since I was the assistant to Mr. Vishwanath, the General Manager and president of this family owned company, Although there were many technical problems, the work was extremely interesting and I soon learnt all about the foundry business.

The foundry workers were mostly older men and were a closely knit team. Many of them were related and had been in the foundry for several years. Therefore, they felt that they knew the business in and out and that a technical education had no value. In fact, Mr. Vishwanath had mentioned to me even at the time of my joining, that I was the only engineer ever to be employed in the foundry. He also let me know that the foundry workers, although a good group, were very clannish, since they had been working together for several years. Therefore, it would probably take them some time to accept me.

I introduced myself to the group of foundry workers, a few days after my joining. As I went around in turn, I felt them eyeing me coldly. As I went down the main aisle of the foundry, I heard them talking to each other in low voices and laughing. I found their behavior to be very childish and felt that it was best to ignore these signs of hostility. I thought that if I ignored them, they would automatically stop these antics.

A few weeks after this incident, I happened to visit the enamel shop. As I entered, I noticed a worker cleaning the floor with a hose, from which water flowed at high pressure. I was aware that it was the practice to clean the shop at least once a week.

I turned my back on the worker and was busy near a dipping tank, when I suddenly felt the force of a stream of water hitting me. I was almost knocked down by the pressure and slipped on the wet floor. When I turned around, the worker looked away in the other direction, as if he had not noticed this happening. However, I was pretty sure that he had intentionally turned the hose on me.

Question.How could the engineer, foundry workers and Mr.Vishvanath be more effective both verbally and non verbally?

Answer:Effective verbal or spoken communication is dependant on a number of factors and cannot be fully isolated from other important interpersonal skills such as non-verbal communication, listening skills and clarification.

Clarity of speech, remaining calm and focused, being polite and following some basic rules of etiquette will all aid the process of verbal communication.

The foundry workers were mostly older men and were a closely knit team. Many of them were related and had been in the foundry for several years. Therefore, they felt that they knew the business in and out and that a technical education had no value. In fact, Mr. Vishwanath had mentioned to me even at the time of my joining, that I was the only engineer ever to be employed in the foundry


Question.  What do you suggest the engineer should do after the hosing incident?

Answer:Engineershould focus on the main problem and should work on his communication skills as well. Nonverbal communication is important in the workplace because it affects the work environment. What you communicate nonverbally can expose how you feel. If your nonverbal communications skills are poor, you may be communicating negativity and making your coworkers uncomfortable. To improve your nonverbal skills, you must first identify the areas




Question.2. ‘A curriculum vitae is a marketing tool for the self’, explain. Discuss the dos and don’ts while preparing a CV


Answer:A CV/resume is one of the most important, necessary and key job-hunting tool for your professional career. CV/resume summarizes your accomplishments, academic qualifications, professional experiences, areas where your expert, your skills & strengths and any other information regarding the professional life and profession. CV/resume is a brief document that highlights your qualities and many other necessary things. This document can be considered as

Dear students get fully solved assignments
Send your semester & Specialization name to our mail id :

“ help.mbaassignments@gmail.com ”
or
Call us at : 08263069601


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.